Hollywood award shows tend to be awful.
They’re interminably long, schmaltzy affairs during which wealthy, famous people congratulate themselves for being wealthy and famous, making the rest of us feel like warty bridge trolls by comparison.
This Sunday’s Golden Globes broadcast, however, might be different. It might be tolerable, or even hugely enjoyable, for two important reasons:
1. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler — two of the funniest women alive, and also two of the hottest, in a goofy-tomboy-next-door sense — are hosting.
2. Fey and Poehler want you to get plastered.
During an interview with the Hollywood Reporter, they unveiled the rules of a drinking game they recommend playing during the broadcast.
- Drink any time an actress cries in a speech
- Drink any time you see a person actively not listening to someone onstage
- Drink any time someone says, “I didn’t prepare anything!”
- Take off an article of clothing any time they show Dame Judi Dench
- Take off an article of clothing any time Maggie Smith wins
It’s safe to assume those who follow the rules will surely be leglessly hammered by the time the award for “Best Key Grip in a Made-for-Television Docudrama” is announced — and buck naked too.
Drunk and nude with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler — what’s not to love?