Guy Dies After Winning Cockroach Eating Competition (VIDEO)

Of all the ways to leave this mortal coil, this might be the strangest. And the worst.

A 32-year-old Florida man died over the weekend, just minutes after winning a cockroach eating competition held by a local pet store. According to reports, he ate 30 giant cockroaches and then walked into a nearby bathroom to vomit it all up (wouldn’t you?). Inside the bathroom, he collapsed and died.

The guy’s name is Edward Archibold and he can be seen taking part in the competition in the video below. He’s the one wearing glasses and a white headband:

Earlier in the evening, NBC reports that Archibold had competed in a superworm-eating competition.

The medical examiner’s office is currently investigating Archibold’s death. The smart money is on pre-existing heart condition. According to Michael Adams, a professor of entomology, cockroaches are safe to eat:

“Unless the roaches were contaminated with some bacteria or other pathogens, I don’t think that cockroaches would be unsafe to eat,” said Adams. “Some people do have allergies to roaches but there are no toxins in roaches or related insects.”

The prize for the cockroach eating competition was an ivory-ball python. It will apparently be donated to Archibold’s estate (assuming anyone in his estate wants it).

Leave a Reply



Comments are closed.