If you’re excited about this summer’s Dark Knight Rises, you probably aren’t the only one. There are millions of Batman fans around the world, comic book nerds, fair-weather fans, all looking to see how this installment will stack up against The Dark Knight.
Now a bit more information has been leaking out, besides the set stills and the trailer – here’s what we know about the newest entry to the Batman film canon.
- It takes place eight years after the events of The Dark Knight, with Bruce Wayne recovering from facing the Joker and Two-Face.
- The Batcave finally makes an appearance, as it has been woefully absent from the last two movies.
- It will be taking elements from the popular storyline Knightfall, where Bane terrorizes Batman by setting Arkham Asylum’s inmate population free to wear him down and eventually break him.
- It will be Christian Bale’s last time sporting the batsuit.
- We will see a young Ra’s Al Ghul.
Beyond that, it’ll be fun finding out what Christopher and his brother Jonathon have in store for the Batman. One thing that makes me interminably sad is that we’re going to have to eventually watch this franchise become rebooted….again.
But I’m suspicious and doubtful anyone will ever do it as well as Nolan and the gang.