Ricky Gervais returned to the Beverly Hilton hotel Sunday night to host the Golden Globes for the second year in a row. No stranger to poking fun with the biggest names in Hollywood, the host made good on his promise to “notch it up” at this year’s awards show.
“That was me on sort of like 2 or 3,” Ricky confessed of the 2010 Golden Globe awards. “I think I can notch it up to 4 or 5 [this year],” he told PEOPLE. And the comedian didn’t disappoint.
We’ve got Ricky’s best zingers from the 2011 Golden Globe Awards below [via PEOPLE]:
– It’s gonna be a night of partying and heavy drinking… or as Charlie Sheen calls it: Breakfast.
– Nothing for ‘Sex and the City 2?’ I was sure the Golden Globes special effects would go to the team that airbrushed that poster. Girls, we know how old you are. I saw one of you in an episode of ‘Bonanza.’
– She’s just Jenny from the block. If the block in question is that one on Rodeo Drive between Cartier and Prada.
– I hired him to star in a remake of a show I starred in, which he’s now leaving, killing a cash cow for both of us. Please welcome Tina Fey and the ungrateful Steve Carell!
– He’s the star of ‘Iron Man,’ ‘Two Girls and a Guy,’ ‘Wonderboys.’ Sorry, are these porn films? ‘Kiss Kiss (Band Bang),’ ‘Bowfinger.’ Really! ‘Up the Academy.’ He has done all those films, but many of you in this room probably know [Robert Downey Jr.] from such facilities as the Betty Ford Clinic and Los Angeles County Jail.
Did you think Ricky Gervais was a good Golden Globes host?
GameFly™ delivers the best video games to your door! Start for only $8.95 or Try for Free